Wednesday, November 16, 2005

First entry in my new blog…hmm. First off, I would like to explain the title of this blog. I wanted something that reflected my life, or my brain, if you will. I seem to have quite a jumble of interests and daily activities that run the gamut from fishing to trading on the stock market. I hope to share my insights into many areas and even comment from time to time on the fast-breaking news of Trinity Center-where I live. At this time I can’t think of any.

The highlight of today’s entry is the latest addition to my addictions-the Ipod.(ta-da!) I got my first (and second) Ipod in October 2005. I might be the last on my block to get one, but then again, I am probably the first, since I haven’t seen anyone with an Ipod in our community of 200 people.

This led me to podcasts-the wonderful, wacky world of ordinary people like me broadcasting their thoughts into cyberspace. Since I have been searching the ever-growing directory of podcasts for a couple of weeks, I have only found a handful of worthy podcasts. As I accumulate a list of favorites I will add them into the blender.

Today’s recommendation is the podcast that led me to create this blog-Top of the Pods. It is a daily show that averages 30 minutes during which two blokes from England, Jon and Rob, share a list of Top Ten items. The lists are either their own creation or a list submitted by a listener. The show is funny and also self-revealing. A recent list compiled the top ten things a person buys that gather dust. I found my self to be the proud owner of quite a few of those dusty items.

Anyhow-give it a listen and keep those batteries charged!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home